Tikka Kebab with homemade flatbread

I'd seen so many others cooking Kebabs on their FB pages or Instagram posts, so I thought it was time to try my own.

The Flatbread.
The easiest bread I've ever made. I used this recipe which I found on Google.
Mixed the whole thing up (except for the oil) into a bowl and then kneaded the dough until it was smooth and springy. Dusted with more flour and then rolled into 4 generously sized flatbreads.

You can put these into the fridge for use later. I stacked them on top of each other with a layer of foil between, but I think baking paper would work better.

The Kebabs
I kept things simple by chopping up chicken thighs and marinating in Tandori powder overnight in the fridge.

You can buy this stuff on Amazon. It can be mixed with yoghurt or olive oil to form a paste.

For this cook, I covered the chicken thigh in olive oil and used the Tandoori powder similar to a rub. Put the thighs into the fridge overnight.


The next morning I simply packed the chopped thigh onto skewers for cooking direct on the weber.

The Flatbreads
The rolled out dough goes direct over coals and cooks for 3-4 mins until grill marks and light charring start to form. Make sure the whole flatbread is cooked through.


Serve with whatever filling takes your fancy.
I used shredded iceberg lettuce with red onion, cucumber and yoghurt & mint sauce.

Comments